CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT
LAST UPDATED: May 2022
This license agreement governs how you can use the free photos, illustrations, graphics, and vectors (“content”) that you download via FreeImages.com. By downloading content from FreeImages.com, you accept the terms and conditions of this license agreement. For the sake of clarity, the terms and conditions of this license agreement only apply to free content downloaded via FreeImages.com and do not apply to any content downloaded from any external websites (e.g., iStock).
What Type of License Am I Receiving?
When you download content via FreeImages.com, you are granted a free, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to use the content subject to the terms and conditions of this license agreement.
Only you are licensed to use the content, except that you may allow printers, distributors or other subcontractors (“Subcontractors”) to use the content in any production or distribution process related to your final end use. Subcontractors must agree to be bound by the terms of this license agreement and may not use the content for any other purpose.
How Can I Use Licensed Content?
You may use the content worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media in any way that is not restricted (see “Restricted Uses,” below, as well as any restrictions notified to you at the time of licensing). This includes the right to copy, display, reproduce, crop, modify, publish or otherwise make use of the content.
Types of Permitted Uses:
Unless otherwise stated at the time of download, examples of how you can use the content include (but are not limited to): websites; blog posts; social media; advertisements; flyers; marketing campaigns; corporate presentations; school projects; newspapers; magazines; books; film and television productions; web and mobile applications; product packaging; personal non-commercial use; and, unless otherwise notified, commercial use. Please note that, where commercial use is permitted, you must first significantly or meaningfully modify, update, or otherwise incorporate additional creative elements into the end use such that it becomes your own creative work.
You must not:
- Use content in a pornographic, obscene, defamatory or other unlawful manner, or in any manner that could be considered offensive or flattering to the person depicted in the content.
- Sell, sublicense, distribute or use the content in any way that allows third parties to download, extract, use or redistribute the content file itself (i.e., separate from your end use).
- Use content as part of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
- Falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content.
- Use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), CDs, DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes “on-demand” products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com).
- Use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
Please note that certain content cannot be used in a commercial manner. Please refer to the license information available on the download page for each item of content for any additional restrictions applicable to that content.
Certain content providers require attribution when you use their content, such as a link or tagline in your blog or webpage next to the content. You agree to comply with the credit requirements that are notified to you at the time of download. Unless otherwise specified at the time of download, you should include the following credit adjacent to the content or in visual production credits: "FreeImages.com/Artist's Name."
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, including copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to the content are owned by the content suppliers. All rights not expressly granted to you by this license agreement are reserved by FreeImages.com and the content suppliers.
The rights granted under this license agreement will immediately and automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement, in which case you must immediately: cease using the content and delete or destroy any copies.
Upon notice or knowledge that any content downloaded via FreeImages.com may be subject to a claim of infringement of a third party's right, FreeImages.com may require you to immediately, and at your own expense: cease using the content, delete or destroy any copies, and ensure that your Subcontractors do the same.