When users visit, navigate, and use our website https://www.freeimages.com (hereinafter, referred to as “the Website”, 'the Site', 'Our Site'), some basic information is collected.
What type of Personal Information we collect
We collect some personal information about visitors and users of our site.
The information we might collect includes one or more of the following: email address, name, username, IP address, avatar photo, website, occupation, activity, address, location and business interests. If you make purchases we might collect tax information, transaction ID, company name and address.
We might collect other types of information like preferences and feedback from your support queries, emails, and live chats.
No information of a particular personal nature or “special category” will ever be requested from you (e.g., ethnic or racial origin, religious or philosophical affiliations, sexual orientation, health information, marriage status, etc.).
When we collect personal information
- We use the Personal Information collected from you for the following purposes: (1) To enable you to sign into the Website; (2) sending updates of terms, products and promotions; (3) for improving the quality of our services and deliver a better customer experience, and (4) to contact you in relation to your use of the Website.
- We don't use the information provided by you to make automated decisions.
Why we need your Personal Information
Some information provided by you is necessary to use the Site, including when you set up an account or when you upload content to the Website. To sign up and log in we need your email. Additionally, more specific information like your location, interests, activity among others, might be used to customize your experience across the Website.
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests (including maintaining contact with account holders, providing updates and information about Freeimages.com, and conducting market research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you, or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.
Where the information is Processed and Sharing of your personal information
We are based in Uruguay, most of the data we process is handled in our country and shared with and stored within the European Union, United States & Canada. To provide you with certain services including some third-party services (newsletter, live chat, payments), we may share your information cross borders. We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have been determined by the European Commission to not have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts where required by applicable law, to help ensure your rights and protections. To learn more about the European Commission's decisions on the adequacy of personal data protections, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. In order to protect our users, when we transfer data cross-border we take care where possible, to work with service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance - commonly the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including pursuant to the standard contractual clauses as can be found at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32021D0914&from=EN as may be updated from time to time.
As mentioned, we also play the role of data processor, sometimes under the instructions of our business partner Getty Images. We will share your data with the following US-based Getty Images affiliates: (a) Getty Images (US), Inc.; and (b) Getty Images (Seattle), Inc.
- We process all personal information in the strictest confidentiality and employ suitable technical and organizational measures as required by applicable regulations. These measures will be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of the personal information and having regard to the nature of the personal information which is to be protected.
- We work under industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
- By using the Website, you are agreeing that we can place cookies on your device.
- Cookies in general are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user's device.
- Cookies perform different functions, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, improving the user experience, and ensuring that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- If you do not want cookies, your web browser has settings which allow you to control how you browse websites. These include settings to manage your cookies. Check your browser's help information.
Accessing your personal Information
- If you would like to access or modify your Personal Information stored on our servers, you can do so in your profile after login in on our site. If you want to permanently delete your account and all your information, please contact us at the address mentioned in the contacts section below of these Policies.
- You can request to contact us through email or our site's contact form, which forms a report with all stored personal information associated to your account, so we know who's contacting us.
Third Party Sources
We use third-party services, including live chat (Intercom), email newsletter (Mailjet, MailerLite, Mailchimp). When using the Site, we may transfer your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide a specific service. Those service providers are carefully selected by us, and they operate in compliance with relevant data privacy laws.
RESIDENTS OF EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), the following provisions apply to you:
- Access - You may request access to your personal information and the following information regarding our use of it: (i) purpose of the use, (ii) categories of personal information used, and (iii) to whom we have disclosed your personal information.
- Correction - You may request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we have.
- Right to Be Forgotten - You may request that we erase your personal information when we no longer need or are legally required to retain such data.
- Withdraw Consent - If our ability to use your personal information depends on consent you have given, you may withdraw such consent.
- Restriction - You may request that we restrict or suspend use of your personal information.
- Object - You may object to our use of your personal information to perform services you have not requested.
- Copies and Portability - You may request copies of your personal information that we possess in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may request that this be transmitted to another controller.
- Complaint - You may lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country.
To make such requests, contact us at email@example.com. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the "data controller," you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns. Please be aware that those rights set out above may not apply in some instances, for example where our right to processing your personal data may be necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression (e.g., news gathering); or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), you have certain rights with respect to that information. In particular, you have a right to request that companies provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- The purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- For companies that disclose personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- For companies that sell personal information, the categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
To make such requests, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we have provided the information described in (2)-(5) in this privacy statement. With respect to (6), note that we do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA.
You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. Finally, you have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising rights set out in the CCPA.
Retention of your Personal Information
- email: email@example.com
- contact form in our Site
- call us: +1 650 4526034
- or you can mail us to Almirante Harwood 6169, Montevideo Uruguay postal code 11500